Citizens’ Association Trade Union Education Center is a voluntary, non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2017 for an indefinite period of time with the basic goal of conducting activities on:
- protection and promotion of all segments of civil society and citizens’ rights,
- strengthening the position and role of the civil society organizations in protection of basic human and minority rights and freedoms,
- creating better living and working conditions for all citizens,
- education and training of citizens to be active participants in the processes of planning, adoption and realization of decisions at the domestic and international level,
- all activities of importance for improving the quality of life of citizens in the field of employment, social policy, non-formal education, culture, sports and youth.
Association has a six-member project team made up of experts of various profiles, as well as a network of over 30 volunteers and external associates from all over the region. Since its formation until today, members of the Association have passed a lot of training focused on their capacity building (first of all, in the field of project cycle management), and then started a set of steps to prepare high-quality project proposal ideas, responding to community needs.
Following the strategic priorities of the Association, it has started with establishment of thematic committees and the first one that was established was the Committee for Sports, with 12-15 active members at the moment. Association is oriented towards establishing quality partnerships for the purpose of more efficient joint field action, and it has wide network of partners from the region and beyond, especially in the field of sports (it has signed Protocols on Cooperation with 7 football clubs from Doboj region in the field of human rights education in football, as well as with FC Grafičar from Serbia and FC Pelister from North Macedonia, with the same priorities).
In 2018, the Association, with the support of the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, implemented the project “Life champions: creating better opportunities through sport”, focused on education of football trainers to act as educators in their regular training activities with children and youth, and the results from this activity were used as incentive when preparing this project idea. In March 2019, it has been granted the project “Participatory approaches in developing local strategic documents with a focus on the strategy for sport: active youth for further local development”, aimed at development of the local strategy for sport (supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe). It was implemented in direct cooperation with the City of Doboj in the period May-September 2019.