The union center for education and training (UCET) from Skopje is a citizens association that was established in 2019 by five founders with the aim of promoting and protecting the rights of young people.
The objectives of the UCET are the following:
- advancement, protection and promotion of trade union, labor and human rights, the rights of marginalized groups and freedom to create better life and work conditions for the citizens;
- building a civil society and improving the quality of life, through greater participation in the development of the community and society as a whole;
- education in the field of informal and professional education and training;
- encouraging and developing comprehensive cooperation in the field of science, education, culture, art and sports in order to bring new skills, knowledge and exchange of ideas;
- affirmation and encouragement of intellectual, sports-recreational and cultural values;
- development of associations through continuous training of members.
UCET has five project team members, 10 external experts from various fields and over 100 volunteers throughout the country.
In 2020, our organization signed a memorandum of cooperation with citizens associations from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, with one common goal, greater representation of young people in society.
From 2019 to 2022, the Trade Union Center for Education and Training has implemented four projects supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, involving more than 20,000 participants. In 2023, UCET will also be a partner in TUNI2023 project supported by the European Commission through KA3: European Youth Together line.